Jim brings 25 years of experience as a finance professional with proficiency in executive management, corporate finance and valuation.
He has served as the Chief Financial Officer for companies ranging from revenues of $10M to $150M.
- Home Products International, a $150M consumer goods manufacturing company based in Chicago, IL.
- Orion Drilling Company, a $150M manufacturer and operator of best-in-class oil & gas drilling rigs.
- American Standard Energy, a $150M oil & gas exploration and production company.
- Integrated Drive Systems, a $15M control systems manufacturing and construction company.
- Tank One Services, a $10M oilfield equipment and service company.
Jim has extensive experience in M&A, turnaround strategies and financial advisory services including:
- Florida Chemical, a $100M+ acquisition by Flotek Industries.
- Elk Horn Coal, a $30M coal producer.
- Eclipse IOR Services, a $6M oilfield technology company.
- Sitelark Consulting, a $1M software company.
- Raw Health, a $1M pet food manufacturer.
He also brings a wealth of experience as an investor and portfolio manager across multiple industries in his years working for a large investment firm and then as a founding partner in a start-up investment firm.
- Comprehensive valuation and corporate finance background built from bottoms up financial analysis across multiple industry sectors.
- Advised senior management teams of numerous companies, offering guidance in financing options and risk management.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and analytical talent with ability to review and analyze financial and operational data leading to optimal strategic decisions.
- Cultivate relationships with company stakeholders, including management, shareholders, leading to improved communications across the organization.
- Evaluate and improve financial and operational processes and motivate teams.
Jim earned an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a B.A. in Business & Economics from Wheaton College. He currently serves as Treasurer of an Africa-based orphan ministry, Hope4theOrphan and previously served on the board of Annapolis Christian Academy in Corpus Christi, TX. He currently lives in Wheaton, IL with his wife and has four daughters.